Generate Blog always shows right sidebar

Home Forums Support Generate Blog always shows right sidebar

Home Forums Support Generate Blog always shows right sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alw

I am using Generate Blog and have set a static Blog Page. I have edited the Blog Page and set the Sidebar Layout to “Content (no sidebars)” but, with the default template, I still get the right sidebar. I created a copy of the default template, but without the “do_action(‘generate_sidebars’);” line. I still get the right sidebar!
    Moreover, I have Masonry enabled and I get two columns of Posts (plus the right sidebar) when the page first displays, but the second (middle) column immediately clears and the Posts move to the left column leaving the middle column empty! All my posts have “Normal” Masonry Post Width. Why is this happening?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can change the blog sidebar layout in “Appearance > Customize > Layout”.

As for the masonry layout – sometimes when there’s not a lot of masonry items, they stack funny. This is the masonry script itself just trying to space them out.

Does it happen when you have a lot of items?

Let me know 🙂

alw

You can change the blog sidebar layout in “Appearance > Customize > Layout” — that worked, thank you!
    Now I get two columns of masonry without any shift, but if I include the right sidebar the shift occurs with 5 posts. You can see what I mean at http://www.kcsanews.com/kcsa-blog — I have restored the sidebar for now.
    I would also like to get three columns with a screen>1100px wide (My container width is 1100px). I have all Posts with Masonry Width set to “Normal”. Changing all to “Medium” doesn’t make any difference.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve been working specifically on Masonry in the next update.

Does it go to two columns when you remove the sidebar?

In the next update, it should go to 3 columns in a large enough environment.

As of right now, it checks the width of the content area and tries to be smart.

There’s a couple more bugs I’m working out with Masonry, but should be releasing the update soon.

alw

It’s still only two columns when the sidebar is removed (1280 x 1024 screen). I wanted an effect like http://www.dbepub.com, but perhaps that uses two sidebars to achieve the three column effect. I’ll look forward to the update.
    Thanks for such quick responses, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What happens when you set the blog layout to have both sidebars? I think that’s all that website is doing currently.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.