[Support request] Generate Blocks & Classic editor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generate Blocks & Classic editor

Home Forums Support Generate Blocks & Classic editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stewart

Good afternoon,

I wanted to use your generateblocks plugin to make some nice boxes on some of my pages, but I also use the classic editor plugin as I really dont want to use the gutenberg editor. I know it sounds painful but im used to manually adding html tags to everything, such as my <h> tags and <p>

tags, etc.

If I am using classic editor plugin, I assume I have to uninstall it for the gutenberg editor to work, and therefore generateblocks, as GB is a block editor.

So, here are my three questions:

1. If I uninstall the classic editor plugin, what will happen to my website, as all these pages have been built manually.
    2. If I still do that, can I switch between the block editor and a text-based editor (like classic editor displays)?
    3. Am I better off trying to make some boxes manually with CSS? I just liked the look of your GB plugin.

I use GeneratePress for the main site.

Thank you in advance.

Stewart

Stewart

OK I have partly solved this, I’ll tell others in case they don’t know.

If you, like me, are using the classic editor plugin, simply go to settings and you can choose to “allow users to switch editors“. This is off by default. Turn it on.

So you can leave the classic editor as the default editor. Now go to your page, click the 3 little dots at the top right & you will see “Switch to classic editor” or “Switch to block editor” depending on which one you are currently using.

If you have built a site with GeneratePress but with the classic editor plugin (as I cant stand the block editor) and you want to try using GenerateBlocks to make some nice layouts, that’s how you can switch between the two types of editor. I hope that helps.

Lastly, I love the work you guys at GP do, the only thing I would say is that your videos are so fast it’s quite hard to see what you are actually doing. I watched the Blocks video full-screen about 6 times & had to pause & rewind numerous times just to see what was going on. If you are not familiar with your plugin, I’d say the video moves very fast.

Otherwise thanks 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting back!

Glad you were able to figure out.

Yes the videos are definitely a bit hard to follow from time to time. We will see if they can be improved in the future.

David

Hi Stewart – you might want to watch Mike Oliver’s videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI1BPuUnVZqNSLdOxMFY6Kw/videos
    The most recent 4 cover blocks.
    HTH, Dave

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Good idea.

Thanks David!

Mandar

Thank You very much Stewart! Saved me hours of trying to figure this out myself. I am in a similar situation. I se Generatepress and the Classi Editor but would like to try Generateblocks for only some pages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Generate Blocks & Classic editor’ is closed to new replies.