[Support request] Geek Template from site library – How to modify behavior of a unique category?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Geek Template from site library – How to modify behavior of a unique category?

Home Forums Support Geek Template from site library – How to modify behavior of a unique category?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jon

I have a question about the Geek template from the site library. This template does about 90% of what I need to do.

btw – I’ve watched Leo’s tutorial a few times, he does an excellent job in the 10 minute video.

The Requirement:

I’m putting up a site for a client that is to have just two categories to start. One category is a regular blog (post), which is fine. The other category is going to be something much smaller, and that is where I’m running into some difficulty. Let’s call this category “Media Hits” which will contain references to where the client appears in the media. Because the company appears in a lot of articles, setting it up as a post under a separate category allows for someone with blog-skills to add a post without involving a web developer to modify a page.

My Challenge:

The Media Hits post will be short. The issue comes when I’d like to add a few other elements, such as a second headline to show the source of the publication (say, Wall Street Journal) with a link to the article. When I modify the Block-Content template (called the “blog cards template”) in the video I’d like show this on the excerpt. If I add it directly to the post, it does not appear in the excerpt which is where I’d like it to appear. 99% of the time everything about “Media Hits” will appear in the excerpt for the category. It seems the excerpt only shows the Title and the Body. The trick is to do this without changing the behavior of the regular blog where the standard excerpt behavior of the template will be fine.

So in other words, when the user is reading down the list of the archived post excerpts of the “Media Hits” category, they would like to click a link to that takes them to the article. That link could be a separate button, text, or on the publication source name (Wall Street Journal).

Is this even possible?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jon,

I think using multiple content templates is what you are looking for, Leo made a video on how to achieve this 🙂
    https://youtu.be/8byA37OTBRg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.