[Resolved] GB Block & Parent Listing Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GB Block & Parent Listing Page

Home Forums Support GB Block & Parent Listing Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Looking to build out a parent page to list “child” pages although technical, they are sitting in root but the idea is to style out something to show featured image, title and buttons on this parent page. Instead of doign it by hand, is there an easier way to build this out using GB Blocks with ACF perhaps?

What other ways can you suggest besides using ACF?

Any ideas?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not with GB currently – we are working on ways to implement featured images.

Would a plugin like WP Show Posts help?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

Ian

Thanks Leo. I have installed the free version to test to see if I need to purchase the paid version but I cannot seem to find a way to filter pages. How would I choose only specific pages to show in WP Show Posts? There has got to be a way to “tag” these with some taxonomy?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I believe this should work for pages:
    https://docs.wpshowposts.com/article/more-settings-overview/#post-id

Can you give that a shot?

Ian

Holy smokes Leo. You are on FIRE! Did not know there was a More Settings near the bottom. This worked perfectly!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tough one to find 🙂

If you need them in fancy styles, then Cards module in the pro version is worth considering:
    https://demos.wpshowposts.com/cards/

Ian

Nice, looking at the pro version right now! One last thing, is there a way to order the pages in a specific order that was entered into Post ID?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Ian

Tried No Order and it seems to display the same order as Post ID. Any other ideas?

Ian

Wait a second. What is each page was given a Page Attribute Order? Which setting would follow this order?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the pages don’t display in the order you’ve added in the Post ID field when selecting No Order?

Ian

That is correct. It seems that No Order = Post ID from what I am seeing.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Still a little bit confused. So you’ve entered the page ID in the order you want, but it’s not showing up the in the way you’ve entered?

Ian

Yes, I have entered the Page ID that I want listed but it looks like the sorting is defaulted to Ascending in number. I have entered a higher ID first but it is still listed last when I choose No Order.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.