[Resolved] GA Tag in Element causing issues with Google Ads reporting?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GA Tag in Element causing issues with Google Ads reporting?

Home Forums Support GA Tag in Element causing issues with Google Ads reporting?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin

(disclaimer: I realize this issue may have nothing to do with GeneratePress, but Google hasn’t been able to help me troubleshoot this so far, so I’m eliminating any other possibilities)

I added the GA tag as an Element:
    – Hook: wp_head
    – Priority: 10
    – Location: Entire Site
    – Users: Logged Out (to try to reduce internal traffic showing up)

Non-paid traffic shows up fine, and the ad campaigns show fine under the Acquisition>Google Ads section. But the paid traffic isn’t showing anywhere else.

Is there any chance that the way I used Elements here would be affecting this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The hook element just prints your content within the area you choose (wp_head in your case). So as long as the code is showing up in your source, it should be working fine.

I’m not sure why the results would be different for paid traffic vs organic. Have you tried talking to GA support?

Martin

Thanks for the response and helping me at least eliminate this as something to investigate. I finally did figure it out, though. This site is on GoDaddy’s managed WordPress hosting. Unless every part of the URL exactly matches the ultimate destination, it removes querystrings on the redirect, including the gclid. So core campaign data was showing up because the ad account and GA were linked, but session data wasn’t appearing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it figured out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.