[Resolved] Future of GeneratePress team

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Future of GeneratePress team

Home Forums Support Future of GeneratePress team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ash

Hi I have a question about future of GeneratePress team.
    There is no doubt GeneratePress is one of most popular theme now.
    So I’d like to recommend this theme to every my client.

But some people says there might be risk using GP because of one man developer.
    Are you planning to have partners or you already have?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ash,

Great question! I’ve recently hired someone to help run support – you might have seen Leo posting every few minutes in here lol

As for the development, I currently run it and sometimes outsource to well known core WordPress developers to check code efficiency/security/improve add-ons etc..

GP is my full time job – it’s how I plan to put my daughter through university, so the passion and dedication is here to stay. As time goes on, if I find developers that write code I like, I will definitely consider expanding the team.

Let me know if you have any other questions πŸ™‚

Ash

Great!
    It seems your business is on track and community of GP is growing.
    So personally I doubt risk of using GP.
    I wish your further success.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! The business is very strong and only getting stronger.

Appreciate the support!

CRISTO

Yes, that is one of the cons in the pros & cons of going with GP that I had to consider. I assume with so many downloads, it was time for Tom to add some staff and then he could sleep maybe 2-3 hours per night.

Glad to hear the news.

Dave Foy

This is great. I’m in the middle of writing a full in-depth (gushing) review of GP at the moment. A small quote from this post with a link to it will be the perfect addition. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can’t wait to read it! πŸ™‚

Alexander

This is also a tiny concern I have. I mean one can have a plan for a life but sometimes things change… In IT it is always important to set on standards which are widely used. That’s why I use WordPress. The same goes for the template.

So I don’t know if you have thought about this Tom, it is always good to have a contingency plan, just in case.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I guess you could say that about anything? Is there anything specific about the current model that worries you? I’m always open to suggestions πŸ™‚

CRISTO

I think what Alexander means is, what if something happens to you, Tom? Does GP disappear? While highly unlikely, people do need contigency plans. It was one of the factors I looked at with GP…as a business owner, I have to consider that possibility.

Decided to go with GP because all the plusses outweighed that one minus. Same thing with my host, LightningBase. A one-man operation but excellent service.

So don’t take it personally.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely not – I have plans in place if something like that were to happen.

GP is 3 years old with close to 20,000 customers. Not a small company anymore, so rest assured I’ve taken the necessary steps to ensure the longevity of it πŸ™‚

Howard

Generatepress has been the ultimate so theme since I started using it and support is great.
    It has been the foundation of my virtually perfect web page test scores and Tom’s designs are mentioned in my latest post!! Here:

https://www.rawassertions.com/2018/07/finally-get-google-100-page-speed-score-every-time/

Keep up the great work!
    Howard

Kemo

As I understand GP is GPL so in any case, someone can fork it in the super unlikely case that the dev decides to abandon the project. I fully believe in GP’s future. It’s the best-coded theme/plugin I’ve seen for WP in my 10+ year adventure with websites.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.