[Support request] Full width with and without sections

Home Forums Support [Support request] Full width with and without sections

Home Forums Support Full width with and without sections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rui

Hello!

Is there any way to automatically transfer the content of a normal post into a section?
    Or a CSS code to control the content width os a post built with no section?

I explain: we have an old blog with over a thousand posts that were made with the WP normal text editor.
    But now that I intend to use GeneratePress I’ve encountered a problem that I’m having trouble solving.
    Using GeneratePress as theme a new post using sections has a certain width, but an old post written in the text editor is narrower and, of course, I’d like both of them to fill the same space on the page.

Can you help me?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The Section Content Container and the Post Container Width should be the same? The only difference being is that the Post width may include sidebars. Can you share a link to see what we are dealing with?

Rui

Thank you, David.

Well, unluckily I can not give you the direct link because I’m developing in my local machine (XAMPP).

But I can show you the printscreens. Here http://www.orbita.zenite.nu/pic1.png you can view the main page. The width of the content is the same of the header. But when we click in the first post (originally made in text editor – no section used) I got this: http://www.orbita.zenite.nu/pic2.png (the post content is notably narrower). This happens with all posts since all were made with WP text editor. I can not make them with the same width of showing in pic1.png

Does this help you to understand better?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, what is going on there. Is there any way you can throw it up on a live staging server so we can take a look at the code? It’s super hard to debug without seeing it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.