[Support request] Full-width element blocks container width change

Home Forums Support [Support request] Full-width element blocks container width change

Home Forums Support Full-width element blocks container width change

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Benedikt

Hi everyone,

I started building a new site with the “Dev” theme by Mike Oliver. It comes with an element that makes the site full-width. However I noticed that this overwrites the container width I can set under Customizer –> Layout –> Container.

If I change the container width under layout, only my menu width changes. The rest of the page is not affected. When I deactivate the full-width element, the container width changes are applied to the site correctly.

If I take a look at the GenerateBlocks containers on my site, the container width does match exactly what I set in the customizer. They just do not look like it.

How can I keep the full-width layout, but adjust the container width?

Thank you for your help!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Benedikt,

You could select the GB container and set the container width and inner container width both to Contained width instead of Full width.

https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/#layout-%E2%80%93-standalone-block

Let me know how it works for you 🙂

Benedikt

Hi Ying,

thank you a lot for your suggestion!

I toggled “make page full-width” to on and updated the page. Then the page looks both full-width and uses the specified container width from the customizer.

However if I change the container width, I need to open each page individually and save it again, so the new container width is applied.

Is there any way to manage the container settings for GenerateBlocks globally, for all pages? This would save me some time if I want to change the container width in the future again.

Best,
    Benedikt

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would require GenerateBlocks Pro to do that … you can save a Global Style for a Container Block and then apply that style to any container.

Alternatively you would need to use CSS to overwrite the container blocks width.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.