[Resolved] Full width content

Home Forums Support Full width content

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sapir

Hey,

My site

I want to make my lower content area (the blocks I created) full width.
    There is the theme element which make this blog content “Default”.
    I can change it to Full width(No padding) or Contained (No padding). Both options set the blocks good, but the text dosent have the padding setting, and I want the text to keep the padding.

How can I make the blocks full width while leaving the text “padded” as I want?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Sapir

I added the website.
    Again, I want to make the blocks I made downstairs full width, while paragraphes keeps the same padding.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need to create those Blocks using a Block element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

Within the Block Element options you can select Hook Type and hook the Block into generate_before_footer hook and set the Priority to 1

Then set the Display Rules to Posts > All Posts.

Those blocks will now be full width and displayed below each post.

Sapir

Thank you David.

Actually I meant to make it full width inside the content area.
    Using “Generate before footer” place it fully wide at site container, it goes even under the side bar. I want it to be full wide only at the window where the posts appear.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are a couple of ways to do this.

The first one is the more correct way which is using the Contained option:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/#contained

Then you can just add the padding to the paragraphs/headline blocks above that banner.

Please note the description “The Contained option simply removes the content padding set in the customizer so GenerateBlocks or page builders can have complete control of the content padding.”

The second option is a bit hacky but you can add a negative left/right margin to the two container blocks that make up the banner.

Sapir

The first one is the more correct way which is using the Contained option:

I know that I can find this option in every page edit at wordpress.
    But where can I find this setting for all the posts together? And not setting it for each post seperatly.

Then you can just add the padding to the paragraphs/headline blocks above that banner.

How will I be able to do this? I built the 3 banners with element block & hook.
    If I understand what youre trying to say, the customizersettings (padding etc) will be off. If they are off, how will I be able to set padding to all of my posts? css?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I know that I can find this option in every page edit at wordpress.
    But where can I find this setting for all the posts together? And not setting it for each post seperatly.

You can apply it to multiple posts or pages using Layout Element as mentioned here.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/#apply-the-option-to-multiple-pages-or-globally

How will I be able to do this? I built the 3 banners with element block & hook.
    If I understand what youre trying to say, the customizersettings (padding etc) will be off. If they are off, how will I be able to set padding to all of my posts? css?

Custom CSS. And you can apply it either on Customizer’s additional CSS, or add a custom block on the Block Element containing your <style> that adds padding.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.