[Resolved] Full width but content contained

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Full width but content contained

Home Forums Support Full width but content contained

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michele

I’m using Generate Press Premium along with Elementor Pro. My goal is to allow pages to be full width, but contain the content. In the linked example, I have added full width sections with a background color but the text content inside is contained.

Using the Customizer, I am able to choose appropriate width settings for Header and Primary Nav and the Page Builder Container seems to work as intended for the main content area. However, I don’t see a way to control the page title and breadcrumbs in the theme. I’d like them to align with the rest of the content (i.e. content contained.) What’s the best way to do this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5ftp7ebdfolnb6/full-where.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbdg56rd6x1om1/full-contain.png?dl=0

Note: images are from a local test instance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can wrap the Elementor shortcodes you have placed in those hooks within a div and use the GP grid-container class e.g

<div class="grid-container">
    [my_shortcode]
    </div>
    Michele

Hi David,
    The breadcrumbs are a shortcode in a hook and applying that class mostly fixes that one. However the page title is not in a hook and is simply generated by the theme. How to adjust that?

Also I’m trying to set full width for the whole site, not just a single page. Can I do that? In looking through the documentation, I tried activating the Elements part of the premium plugin, but then my Appearance > GP Hooks disappears.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use some CSS to contain the title on full width pages like so:

.full-width-content .entry-header {
        max-width: 1000px; /* adjust accordingly */
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }

Yes the Layout Element is the way to go, you’re page headers and hooks are moved to the Legacy tabs in Appearance > Elements.

Michele

Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.