[Resolved] Full screen page header/footer transparency issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Full screen page header/footer transparency issues

Home Forums Support Full screen page header/footer transparency issues

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer

So, I have two pages on my site that I am using the full screen page header on (which I love, by the way, looks awesome!), but my footer which I set to transparent (and indeed works as intended on all other non-full-screen-page-header pages) is showing up . . . well, not transparent. Is there a remedy to this? The secondary issue I’m having with these two pages is that they do not span the whole area, so I’m left with space to the right of the images, as well. This is what I’m talking about:

https://s17.postimg.org/4jotl3bxb/Untitled.png

Any suggestions?

Jen

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jennifer,

Are you using a page builder?

This might be another tough question for us again since you are on local host.

Jennifer

Hey Leo,

I’m not using a page builder. Should I be? Yeah, I know, I considered the fact that I might be stuck wading through google posts and plugging and playing around with butchered CSS until I strike on the right combo until I get my page hosted, as I realize there’s a limit to what you can help with without seeing how it’s actually set up.

Any help is appreciated!

Jen

Jennifer

So, I just got the space to the right of the images to go away by changing my footer bar alignment in the customizer to left. I don’t totally love it (it has swapped my copyright to the right and social share buttons to the left for some reason . . . ), but it will work. If I could just make my footer actually transparent. . . πŸ™

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We will definitely give it a shot πŸ™‚

First the footer background looks transparent to me from the picture? What happens if you change the settings in Customizer > Colors > Footer > Background?

The horizontal scroll is usually causing by an element and I don’t think it’s GP. Can you maybe give #1 on this page a shot? Maybe start with the plugin you used to insert the social icons?

Let me know.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

My reply was based on your first reply, but give it a shot anyways!

Jennifer

Well, the horizontal scroll is gone now. I do have the footer bar set to transparent in the customizer. It just occurred to me that the issue might not be transparency, but perhaps the images aren’t tall enough to fit behind the footer, leading it to appear as if the footer is that slightly greyish background color? Bummer, if so.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup that footer in your screenshot looks transparent to me because it has the background color of the body showing up at the sides.

and yes the image not big enough can definitely be the reason. You can try to set the background image on Repeat and see if it shows up behind the footer.

Jennifer

I just swapped out a few different images, and I actually no longer think that’s the issue. I don’t know what’s causing the empty space.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Page Header when set to full screen will only apply to the height of the initial viewport.

If you need to scroll to see your footer, then the page header won’t extend there.

Perhaps set the background image as a body background if you need it to take up the entire page?

Just a guess as we can’t see the site – let me know if I’ve misunderstood πŸ™‚

Jennifer

I considered this, too, Tom, so I have been fiddling around with making a dummy-page to see if I like the effect. Now, I think we’re talking about the same thing, but if so, maybe you can help me out: How do I get my content box to be transparent? I’m not digging the white content box.

You guys are the best!

Jen

Jennifer

Nevermind, Tom, I found your excellent instructions from this post:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/combining-pages-or-spit-text-on-front-page/
    and it worked a charm! Not sure which layout I prefer, actually (full-header or this), but they’re both now viable options.

Thanks again!

Jen

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.