Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

Full Screen Header breaking layout

Home Forums Support Full Screen Header breaking layout

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Craig

Hello,
    I’ve enabled a full screen Rev slider on my test site and it seems to be breaking the layout…
    http://spmcupboard.saintpiomedia.com/

If you scroll down a bit, you’ll see that the foot widgets are being pulled up to the middle of the page.

Seems to be related to the merged header, because if I disable the full screen setting in the page settings, it works fine.

GP Theme and Addons are current.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, can you show me what you have in the “Content” section of the Page Header add-on?

Craig

Hey Tom,
    Here’s the revolution slider shortcode I’m using in the content section
    [rev_slider alias=”hero-sample”]

BTW – I didn’t get an email notification that you replied to this thread I started. Now, I have the ability to ‘notify me of follow-up replies’, but I don’t think that option was there when I started the thread.

Also, I thought there used to be a ‘mark as resolved’ button.

Thanks!
    CB

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, can you try updating to GP Premium 1.2.88?

Thanks for the heads up on the notify me checkbox, I’ll look into that.

Craig

OK…updated to 1.2.88 (was at 1.2.87). Issue remains.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try replacing the shortcode with some regular text? Does the issue still exist?

Craig

Just replaced the shortcode with some text and issue is still there.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I can’t get this to happen on my end.

Do you have another test site you can look at?

I’m thinking you might have an unclosed element somewhere.

Craig

OK…i’ve disabled just about everything. Pretty strange. I’m going to do some more testing (I have another dev site I can work on) and will let you know what I come up with.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, we’ll figure it out 🙂

Craig

OK…I’m kind of stumped now…

1. I’ve disabled pretty much everything at this point, but if I run it through W3C Validator…there’s a bunch of unclosed tags.

2. I have another GP test install at http://spmschool.saintpiomedia.com with very similar settings (except the full screen setup in the page settings) and there are no unclosed elements at W3C Validator. (Plus, this other site has all of my plugins enabled.)

strange

Craig

Not sure if it’s relevant – since my other GP sites are working fine – but this is a multisite setup.

Craig

SOLVED!

I made ton of change and recreated the home page and it’s working now.

If I enabled FULL SCREEN and VERTICAL CENTER CONTENT, it blows out the layout. But, since the rev slider is doing a nice job of going full screen on its own, I don’t need those settings.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, so the full screen AND vertical center content options are causing the issue for you?

Is this happening on two separate websites?

Craig

Tested this on two different site.

When I enable ‘fullscreen’ in the content settings page options, the layout works but it pushes things down so my footer widget titles are covered. You can see that here: http://spmcupboard.saintpiomedia.com/

But, if I also enable ‘vertical center content’, the entire footer area gets pulled up to the middle of the page. I don’t have an example to show you anymore though, unless you like to see it.

Just to reiterate though, for my needs, the fullscreen setting in rev slider seems to do the trick so I don’t need either fullscreen or vertical center content in the content settings inside page options.

Hope I’m making sense.

Thx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.