[Support request] Formatting Issues on Single Posts (gaps and spacing)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Formatting Issues on Single Posts (gaps and spacing)

Home Forums Support Formatting Issues on Single Posts (gaps and spacing)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh

I’m running into an issue where there are no gaps below subheads when creating posts in the WP post editor.

For instance, when I preview or publish a post there are no gaps under <h2> headings.

I tried:

.single-post h2 {
        margin-bottom: 24px !important;
    }

… with no result. The declaration shows as applied in Chrome inspector, but the H2’s stubbornly stay with the next paragraph butted up right under the subhead.

I don’t see any controls for margin bottoms on Headers in GP’s WP Customizer.

How can I get the subheads to behave in my posts? Thanks

PS – note that the URL I’m giving you is a staging site with the single posts layout a work in progress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You have some CSS setting your h2 elements to display: inline, which will disable margins: https://www.screencast.com/t/QUStIUKI19

I’m not sure where it’s coming from, as you’re using Autoptimize, but hopefully that helps you pinpoint it.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Josh

Great, thanks Tom!

I’m using a border-image declaration on the bottom of h2’s sitewide to put a handwritten style border underneath.

The display-inline allowed the border image to reach only to the ends of the text – instead of stretching the full width of the element.

Do you know of a way to get that effect without the inline declaration offhand? Ive searched…coming up with nothing.

GP is a great product, thanks for all of your hard work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try display: inline-block πŸ™‚

Josh

*smacks forehead* Of course! lol

Thanks man

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.