[Resolved] Form takes up lots of space

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Form takes up lots of space

Home Forums Support Form takes up lots of space

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The issue looks related to the additional form being hooked into those pages. They don’t play nicely together.

I assume they both use the same shortcode? Is it possible to create a separate form code for the blog and about page?

Leif

So the form has no shortcode (I have WPShowPosts for the 2 blog lists).
    The form is like this:

<h2>Join the mailing list for 1-4 super useful (and short!) emails a month </h2>
    <!-- Begin Mailchimp Signup Form -->
    <link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <!-- <style type="text/css"> #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
    </style>
    /* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
    We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */ -->

<div id="mc_embed_signup">
    <form action="https://fiveyearfireescape.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=944026682ed6fed8919580a81&id=52f8c3ae3c" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate="">
    <div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">
    <input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address" required="">
    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name="b_944026682ed6fed8919580a81_52f8c3ae3c" tabindex="-1" value=""></div><div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>
    <!--End mc_embed_signup-->

Nothing looks amiss to me ๐Ÿ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For the second form near the footer, what happens if you choose the “Naked” form, so there’s no CSS that comes with it? I have a feeling the CSS coming with that form is conflicting with your header form.

Leif

Oh yeah that was it! nice thanks, I didnt see that css link in there.
    I just hooked it everywhere too. Hurrah!

OK ill leave this open for a bit in case I cant figure out my formatting stuff but I think im all good. Phew that took a while! Many thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.