[Resolved] Form has not been submitted reCAPTCHA is required.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Form has not been submitted reCAPTCHA is required.

Home Forums Support Form has not been submitted reCAPTCHA is required.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

I am using WP Forms Lite for my contact page at https://dentistinajax.ca/contact-us/

I have it set up for invisible recaptcha and it was working fine until just now.

When I try to submit a form I get an error “Form has not been submitted, please see the errors below.”
    “reCAPTCHA is required.”

I deactivated all plugins except WP Forms Lite but it didn’t change anything so I tried changing themes to twenty-seventeen and it worked.

Could there possibly be a conflict with GeneratePress theme?

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.3
    Mary Pearson

I thought I had it resolved but then realized I didn’t have the invisible recaptcha on for the second form. When I activated it, I got the same error message – i.e. I can’t use recaptcha.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you test the second form in TwentySeventeen as well? No issues?

I can’t think of any possible conflicts. Maybe try clearing your browser cache?

Mary Pearson

I just tested the second form now with twenty-seventeen and it works fine.

The issue is not browser caching because it was my client who called me about it. Since then I have tried it in four browsers, so it’s not only on my computer but on hers.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m seeing this error in the console on the page: http://prntscr.com/ld7dw5

I’m not really sure what it means, but it makes sense that it would be breaking the form. Maybe try rebuilding the form?

Mary Pearson

I already did that as mentioned in “second form”.

The reason I questioned the theme is from the WP Forms Lite support forum where I read that another person had the problem and they determined that the theme was already calling for the recaptcha. It was not generatepress theme but I wondered if it might be the same problem.

I just found another post with the same problem and they regenerated the recaptcha keys, so I just did that but it didn’t fix it either.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP itself doesn’t have any forms or need for recaptcha. Maybe you have something added in Hooks that’s causing a conflict? Custom functions?

Mary Pearson

Hmmm, I don’t think so but I’m going to close this topic because for now I’ve de-activated the recaptcha for the form (just using honey pot), and shortly we will be moving the site to a new domain name. I will build it from scratch (i.e. not do a complete transfer of the site) and I will see if I still have the problem on the new domain.

Thanks for all your help Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.