[Resolved] Footer Widget Aligment in iPad (tablet) mode

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Footer Widget Aligment in iPad (tablet) mode

Home Forums Support Footer Widget Aligment in iPad (tablet) mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Duncan

Hi there

I’m looking for some help and assistance.

I’ve created 2 x footer widgets which display correctly in desktop. (Widget 1 aligned to left hand side, and Widget 2 aligned to right hand side)

However, when I view in iPad (tablet) mode, footer widget 2 (telephone numbers and email address) isn’t aligned to the right, it’s floating to the left a good bit.

I’ve added some additional CSS to try and achieve this and it works in both desktop and mobile (text aligned centre) but not iPad (tablet) mode, so I guess I’ve messed up or missed something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It seems to be this CSS in your child theme:

@media (max-width: 1025px) and (min-width: 768px) {
        .footer-widget-1, .footer-widget-2, .active-footer-widgets-3 .footer-widget-3 {
            float: left;
            width: 33.33333%;
        }
    }

If you remove that, it should work.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Duncan

Hi Tom

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly, especially it being a Sunday, it’s much appreciated.

I did as you suggested and it’s now sitting as it should.

Can you advise me if it’s best practice to add any additional CSS to the child theme, or is it safe to add it to the “Additional CSS” option in the WordPress dashboard?

I only ask as I don’t want to upset your excellent theme by adding lines of bloated code.

Thanks again

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you are already using a child theme then add it to the child theme, if not then Additional CSS should be good.

If you have more than 400 lines of CSS then it’s a good idea to start a child theme

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.