[Support request] Footer showing incorrectly on pages that have a sidebar.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Footer showing incorrectly on pages that have a sidebar.

Home Forums Support Footer showing incorrectly on pages that have a sidebar.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Accounts Payable

Hi there.

1) I created a footer in Elementor.
    2) On pages that don’t use the sidebar, the footer shows up fine.
    —– Example URL: Add “/who-we-are/trusted-partners/” to URL provided in Admin section below.
    3) On non-post pages WITH a sidebar, the top part of the footer is missing.
    —– Example URL: Add “/who-we-are/our-story/” to URL provided in Admin section below.
    4) On post pages (all post types (i.e., Blog, Press Releases, White Paper, etc)) WITH a sidebar, the text in the top part of the footer is squished over to the right (exactly in line with the width dimensions of the right side bar).
    —– Example URL: Add “/news/blog/” to URL provided in Admin section below. You can click on any post.

Please can you advise? Thank you.

Accounts Payable

Also, I want to state that with the above-reported issue, I noticed that my right side-bar is no longer flexing to the top of the footer. Now it cuts off after the side-bar content is done, and on longer pages, it doesn’t look so good. Thought I’d include that here since it appears to be related.(?) I have not altered my code for this. In fact, I added the following code in the customizer that I found under issue: “sidebar background colour/container issue

@media
    (min-width: 768px) {
    .right-sidebar #content {
    display: flex;
    }
    #right-sidebar {
    background-color: #f1f1f1;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how did you add the footer to the Site? Was it using a the Elementor Theme templates?

What if you save the Footer as a template and then Hook the shortcode in place of the GP footer?

Accounts Payable

Not a template. Built in Elementor from scratch. Did you visit the site and check those sample pages I provided by chance?

I tried various hooks last night. Do you have one in specific? Finally had to default to the “WP Footer”; however, when I used the one “After Right SIdebar” it worked, but the footer floated.

Also, you don’t mention how this may be a contributor, or not to the sidebar color that suddenly started stopping at the end of the sidebar contents.

Please advise.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

just to confirm – if you remove the Elementor Footer do the issues go away? Would hate to advise a workaround and find out its not the issue.

Accounts Payable

Yes – obviously, there is no footer in that case.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try removing this CSS:

#right-sidebar {
        background: #f2f1f1;
        height: 100%;
    }

And adding this:

@media(min-width: 769px) {
        #right-sidebar {
            background: #f2f1f1;
            min-height: 100%;
        }

.right-sidebar .site-content {
        }
    }
    Accounts Payable

You’re a frickin GENIUS! Fixed footer, and sidebar both. Thank you so much David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – so glad to be of help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.