[Resolved] Footer module planned?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Footer module planned?

Home Forums Support Footer module planned?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anders

Hi there Tom,

Do you have plans to make a Footer module like the Header module in the premium plugin modules?

Would be handy .. =) .. Also, do you have a roadmap anywhere so we can see what is planned?

// Leif

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We do have the footer bar widget area already: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-bar-widget-area/

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Anders

Hi Leo,

I know about the widget area (been using GP Premium since January 2016), I just wanted to know if there was a Footer module planned like the Header module, also wanted to know if there was a roadmap anywhere so I could see what is planned and don´t waste your time in the forum with questions like this .. =)

// Leif

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What types of functionality are you looking for in the footer module?

We don’t really have a roadmaps laid out unfortunately.

The next update will be for Hooks 🙂

Anders

Hi Leo,

I was just looking for an easy way to make different footers for different sections on the website just as the Header module works, could look for a footer plugin on wordpress.org but wanted something that was fast and well coded as Tom does his plugins since I am a little obsessed with light and fast plugins .. Tom has spoiled me as a customer with quality software since I bought GP .. Haha .. Spoiled customers might be the worst .. =)

Anyway, if you or anyone know about a good plugin, feel free to make a tip in this thread .. =)

// Leif

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you referring to something like Page Header?

If so unfortunately there is nothing planned for that. Haven’t had this request before.

Claude

I’m adding my voice to Leif, the footer needs love, in GeneratePress.

Perhaps looking at having more control over the widgets’ parameters (number, display rules) would be a wonderful start.

Many thanks!

Anders

Hi Leo,

Yes, something like the Page Header like a complete footer module for more advanced footers. Seems weird that no one has made this request before since it is a hassle all time with footers when you need to do something more advanced but at the same time easy to manage thru the website’s sections, well now someone has asked and I see that more people are joining in to .. Thanks Claude for your support in this matter .. =)

// Leif

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

@Leif – Can you provide some examples of what you are looking to do? I’m having a hard time picturing it. I don’t think Claude is looking for the same thing either

@Claude
    – Footer widgets can already be controlled in multiple ways. Take a look at this article here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-widgets/

Anders

Hi Leo,

Even if I think Claude is after almost the same thing that I am, here are my thoughts.

I would like to build different footers that I can easily show on a category or CPT and so on with an easy management like the Page Header module in pages.

In one section of a website, I will maybe need a footer that is 3 sections high with widgets (like the section builder in the page builder) but in another category, I might only want a small 2 section high footer depending on what type of category or CPT or so it is.

Does this make more sense of what I am after?

Also, I would love a feature in the Page Header options to include the main menu or even better any menu so I can only use the Page Header module and be able to switch between different Page Headers depending on category, CPT, taxonomy or individual pages/posts and so on, that would be a nice upgrade .. =)

Anders

Hi again Leo,

Here is a guy that made an attempt on this, his plugin handles fonts wrong though, has no sections and no control over where the extra footer should be like in what category, CPT or so .. But he made a small attempt, though it seems like he is not very actively working on the plugin .. =)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp247-generatepress-pre-footer-widgets/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK we will definitely keep this in mind 🙂

The page header global locations is kind of what you are looking for.

This filter is new too and it’s super powerful: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_header_id/

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anders

“The page header global locations is kind of what you are looking for.”
    Yes, but with some more sections and stuff .. =)

Filters can be useful, but only if you know how to code and I think 95% of GP users do never use filters or hooks unless it is packaged in a nice slick UI .. so that is where the new customers are and they are the ones that pay your salary .. =)

// Leif

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah page header will be getting some more love soon 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.