[Resolved] Footer hyperlinks change color

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Footer hyperlinks change color

Home Forums Support Footer hyperlinks change color

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi there,
    In my footer, created with Elementor, I have links to other pages on my website. I have set the Normal color of them to dark grey (losing the blue native color) to match the rest of the text in the footer. I want them to change color on hover. I’ve tried everything I can find and haven’t found it yet. Can you guys help?
    Thank you.

Gary

Hi there,
    In my footer, created with Elementor, I have links to other pages on my website. I have set the Normal color of them to dark grey (losing the blue native color) to match the rest of the text in the footer. I want them to change color on hover. I’ve tried everything I can find and haven’t found it yet. Can you guys help? My website: https://bit.ly/2Yn2AlQ
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

currently they are grabbing the hover link color set in the Customizer colors. If you want to target them specifically you can use this CSS:

.elementor-element-66a66ac a:hover {
        color: red !important;
    }

It would be best if you edited the widget in Elementor > Advanced tab and gave the Widget a custom class e.g footer-links and then replace .elementor-element-66a66ac with .footer-links in the above CSS

Gary

Hi David,
    I found similar code just after I used the ticket and put it in the customiser and it worked okay, I guess in this location it was for the whole website.

I removed the above code and placed your code (a:hover, a:focus { color: #558efc !important; }) where you suggested and it worked too and I’m guessing it’s just for the footer element which is much better.

I had noticed the Custom CSS in Advanced but never considered it. So a couple of things learned and hover working as I want to – thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found a solution – yes the Additional CSS will cover the entire site.

Gary

Always great and quick support – thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.