[Support request] Foogallery center gallery in desktop, tablet and mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Foogallery center gallery in desktop, tablet and mobile

Home Forums Support Foogallery center gallery in desktop, tablet and mobile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kilian

Hello, I’m building my website and got stuck in one point. I’m using a Foogallery, but no matter what I do, this gallery will always appear attached to the left of my desktop screen. I’ve searched through forums and so on, but still couldn’t find a solution that would work fine for me.

I’ve seen that adding the next CSS, solves the problem in my desktop and tablet view, but not in the mobile phone (you can still see it’s not completely centered).

#foogallery-gallery-117 {
    padding-left: 1.5%;
    }

So for the moment, to let you see the problem I’m talking about, I’ve desactivated the CSS above in my site.

Gallery shortcode:
    [foogallery id=”117″]

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kilian

I’ve also tried using the next CSS, but does nothing at all. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong with the code.

#foogallery-gallery-117.fg-thumbnail, .foogallery.fg-thumbnail.fg-center {
    text-align: center;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is this on any particular browser? As the 4 image gallery looks good to me on Chrome, FF and Safari (haven’t checked IE).
    Can you try opening it in an Incognito / Private Browser

Kilian

Hi David, in fact, if I use a 2 or 4 column for the image gallery (in masonry), it turns out to be centered. But if a use a 3 column instead, everything moves to the left. So actually now it’s OK because I finally decided to use a 2 column, in order to move on. But it’s weird that when using a 3 column, its moves everything to the left.

Anyway, I have another doubt concerning the foogallery. I added a customized URL for each picture. In my “home”page, you can see the 4 pictures on the lower part, and if you press on any of them, it will take you to a new page (the URL link).

I copied and pasted the foogallery in both the “home”page and in the “gallery” page. But if you press on any of the 4 pictures in the “gallery” page, it will take you to the homepage, instead of each URL page. I know I am doing something wrong, but don’t know how to proceed.

Do you also know how to see the 4 picture in my “homepage” as large as you can see them in my “gallery” page? If I change the container width (customizing>layout>container>containerwidth) in my homepage, it also moves my main logo and menu.

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need to raise the first issue with the Foogallery author, sorry but its out of our scope and i can’t see why it shouldn’t work on the home page. As an aside try setting up a new gallery as a test, maybe it only allows one instance of the same gallery (?)

You can use the Layout Element to set the Page Builder container to full width:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Use the Front Page display rule for the home page. You can of course add as many others to the display rules so you can manage it from one place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.