[Resolved] Fonts

Home Forums Support Fonts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott

I am using OpenSans font throughout my site. I have open sans regular installed on my computer.

When viewing my site (in Chrome) font weight 600 does not look as it should and appears to load from the font library on my computer. When uninstalling the font from my computer the fonts appear normal.

Is there a way to ensure the font does not load from the user’s font library?

Many thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Scott,

I don’t think it makes a difference – your browser should use the font specified by @font-face – in this case it’s Google Fonts.

I found this article: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25959365/can-i-force-the-browser-to-use-css-font-face-instead-of-font-installed-on-syste

There might be more out there if you do some looking around.

Even if it’s using your local file, if you don’t have the font with the 600 weight installed, it should use the Google Font.

I have Open Sans installed on my computer, and use it almost exclusively on my websites with no issue.

You may just want to change the font name on your computer to something different if it seems to be conflicting for you.

Scott

It definitely makes a difference (for me on Chrome anyway and on other computers I have used with only opensans regular installed).

For example, your navigation uses opensans 300 which looks like this when opensans regular only is installed:

font installed

but looks like this when opensans regular is not installed:

font uninstalled

The problem is for users who have only installed opensans regular on their computer and not the whole family

I’ll have a look at the link your provided.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing those screenshots.

Very weird – I have Open Sans installed and all web fonts look regular.

Where did you download your Open Sans font from?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.