Home Forums Support Fonts not changing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zoe

Hi Tom

First of all, great product, I absolutely love it!!

I’m in the process of setting my website up with the add-ons now, and everything is working perfectly except the fonts. When in Customise no matter what font I change the fields to, the fonts don’t change. Any ideas on what might be causing this? (I’ve tried all fields, headers, body text, widget… nothing is changing).

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Zoe,

That’s very odd – can you link me to your site possibly?

Zoe

Sure Tom – http://www.meshbodyaddicts.com

Thank you πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like you have the “Roboto” font set? Looks like it’s working to me?

Have you tried setting a more obvious font/playing around with a few to see if you notice any changes?

Don

Your theme GP is great, but am just getting into the bowels of it. I have you full list of Add Ons and starting to use them. I’m looking for your CSS sheet for them. The CSS doesn’t seem added to the visible CSS sheets.

That is where we should be able to change fonts, font size, etc.

The Copyright plugin I used instead of adding my own coding. It works well, but the black background need to be narrowed up.

Likewise the secondary nav bar above my header needs to be widened and print size increased. (http://www.responsive-webdesign-tutorial.com/)

Again and again I’ve tried to find your CSS info. to no avail. The changes should be easy once that is located.

Yes, I will be recommending GP and thank you for your personal note. I’ve been having too much fun with GP to answer my emails πŸ™‚

Don Shenton

Don

Don here again. I found the answer to my question I think:

“Again and again I’ve tried to find your CSS info. to no avail. The changes should be easy once that is located.”

The CSS is inline and included on every web page. It seems to me to greatly add to the size of the HTML file and also not easy to over ride. It seems to me it will over ride the “Custom CSS”.

Does it make the page slower loading compared to a separate CSS file?

I’m an old fellow and getting rusty on these things. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks much,
    Don

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Don,

Efficiency/speed is #1 on my list πŸ™‚

Doing it this way is actually more efficient than linking to an external file.

You can read more about it here: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/why-does-gp-stick-a-heap-of-inline-css-in-my-header/

Don

“Efficiency/speed is #1 on my list :)”

You are unbelievable. Hope you get sleep sometimes. You provide a very valuable Theme and SUPPORT!

Thanks, Much.

Don

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Don! I appreciate it! πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.