[Resolved] Font weight problem for heading of Elementor accordion

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Font weight problem for heading of Elementor accordion

Home Forums Support Font weight problem for heading of Elementor accordion

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ettienne

Hi,

I use GP and Elementor (E).

I use the Accordion element. To avoid the first element of the accordion to be open on page load I use a short script in the E html element. It works well.
    I also use a HappyAddons element to make Calendly work on the Contact page.
    GP for header and footer.

I’ve set Elementor typography settings to default because I use typography from GP.
    I want to be consistent with my use of the typography.
    It works for all the headings and body.
    Except for the headings for the accordions. I use H3.

There is something wrong with the font weight only. Font size settings work.
    I’ve set the font weight to normal in GP.
    But, it does not show as normal in E. It appears to be bold.

I get the right appearance when I change the font weight from default to normal in E. Keeping it normal in GP. It works. But, I want GP to control it. For consistency.

I checked the appearance should I use H3 elsewhere on the site. Then the font weight looks great.
    Only problem is with the accordions’ headings. In GP set as normal. In E set as default.
    I use H3 for the accordions only.

Please help.

Best regards

Ettienne

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if the font is different to that set in the Customizer it means that Elementor widget has its own custom CSS styles. You would need to check with Elementor support on how to override them.

Ettienne

Hallo David
    PT Sans in both GP and E widget. I only have a problem with the weight.
    When I set the weight to normal in the E widget I override the normal setting in GP. Or am I wrong?
    Are there any cons for getting the appearance right by setting the font weight in the widget? Will it affect the functioning of my website badly? Or is it better controlling it through GP? Will using the GP normal setting enhance the funtioning
    of my website?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t get the link you’ve provided to load. Can you double-check?

When I set the weight to normal in the E widget I override the normal setting in GP. Or am I wrong?

I believe that’s correct but you can test it out.

Are there any cons for getting the appearance right by setting the font weight in the widget? Will it affect the functioning of my website badly?

It shouldn’t.

Ettienne

Hallo Leo

I’ll send you the link + username + password via the Account Issue Form.

Regards

Ettienne

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Elementor uses specific CSS that fixes the Accordion headings font weight to 700.
    You can use this CSS to override it:

.elementor-accordion .elementor-tab-title {
        font-weight: 400 !important;
    }

Setting font styles on a widget will add a small amount of extra CSS to your site. It will not effect performance. However it does mean you can no longer style that element globally using the Customizer.

Ettienne

Thanks for your help, David. I highly appreciate it!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.