[Resolved] Font is getting duplicated/downloaded twice

Home Forums Support Font is getting duplicated/downloaded twice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keith

Hi

I have some sites with GP Pro and some with Astra Pro.

With the GP ones I am getting a warning in GTMetrix Pagespeed about ‘Serve resources from a consistent URL’
    When I Inspect the code in the Sources Tab I see the same font has been downloaded twice.

How can I stop this as it seems to be wasteful on resource/ website loading speed?

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like GP is calling the Google Fonts you have chosen in the Customizer. Then you have a plugin which is also calling another set of Google Fonts.

There aren’t any hints as to which plugin, unfortunately. You can try deactivating them one by one to find the culprit.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Keith

Hi Tom

Yes, you are right! πŸ™‚

It seems to be Elementor as I disabled all plugins using Healthcheck plugin and just added Elementor back in.

I am surprised that Elementor does this. Obviously whilst GP adds fonts in perhaps other themes don’t (as I don’t have this duplication issue with say, Astra/Pro).

Is there a way to stop Elementor or GP from loading the fonts so they can just get loaded once?

I will also raise a Support call with Elementor.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Keith

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can:

a) Remove any Google Fonts you’ve added using GP in the Customizer
    b) Remove any Google Fonts you’ve added using Elementor in your content

I don’t think it’s possible to merge the two requests into one, but Elementor support might have a way to do it.

Keith

Hi Tom

Thanks for that.
    Elementor also gave me instructions on how to stop Elementor loading the Fonts again. πŸ™‚

Cheers
    Keith

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.