[Resolved] Font colour changes when in Editor to Live Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Font colour changes when in Editor to Live Page

Home Forums Support Font colour changes when in Editor to Live Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ammar

Hi there,

I am using the Cover block.

In this, I have headings and paragraph text set to white. This shows correclty in the editor.

When I go to the live site, the text is showing as black.

It seems to inherit the black font colour from the Cover block – but I do not see anywhere where a font colour is selected. The only thing I can think is that it is somehow picking up the ‘overlay’ colour to also overwrite the text?

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try using GB’s container block instead of the core cover block since you are already using GB?
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/

You are also already using the container blocks in the content below as well.

Let me know 🙂

Ammar

Hi Leo,

I could use container and add the background. I thought the Cover block was more suited as have the option to select the focal point and a colour overlay was easy to set.

Is there a way I can add the black overlay at 0.2 opacity so the background image is darkened? When I add effect in the container block, it seems not to give me the same result (as when adjusting the opacity of the overlay, it’s hiding the image).

It just means i need to go back and edit some pages.

Separately – we have the minimum height option – would be nice to have a maximum height setting in the future too 😀

Ammar

Sorry also facing a similar issue on another site – this time with the background container (should be clear/white) but shows as black.

Please scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the ‘related posts’ container (above the author box, below the discount)

It seems to be picking up background colour from the container, but in the settings i set it as white.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is there a way I can add the black overlay at 0.2 opacity so the background image is darkened? When I add effect in the container block, it seems not to give me the same result (as when adjusting the opacity of the overlay, it’s hiding the image).

1. Background Image the Selector should be set to Element.
    2. Enable gradient
    2.2 set the selector to Psudeo Element
    2.3 Set both gradient colors to the same rgba value with your alpha set to 20% eg. rgba(0,0,0,0.2)

Separately – max-height, we will be adding new sizing options soon including that one.

Regarding the other site, directly beneath your Author box there is another Conatiner Block that has no content and just a black background. Delete that, as it has the same unique ID as the container for your related posts and is overwriting its styles.

Ammar

That did it.

Thank you very much!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.