[Support request] Font and padding changes in Customizer after update to 2.0 not being picked up

Home Forums Support Font and padding changes in Customizer after update to 2.0 not being picked up

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Tina

Hi, I just updated to the latest Generatepress 2.0 I’ve completed all my customisations using customizer (no child theme).

Since updating, it appears the headings aren’t working anymore. They’re still set when I go to Customizer and I can view them there, but when I view the site normally what is selected isn’t making a difference anymore.

Some of my padding customisations in the header also appear missing.

GeneratePress 2.0
    GP Premium 1.5.6

Tom Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try clearing your caching plugin.

If that doesn’t work, can you let me know which fonts and which page? Font family? Size? etc..

Thanks!

Tina

Hi Tom

Yes, I had already tried clearing the cache three times now.

For example: my H1 header is set to inherit, 300 weight, lowercase, size 76, line height 1.2 em
    My h2 header is inherit, 500 weight, none, size 44, line height 1.2em

Header padding should be 15px, 40px, 15px, 40px – I think its now showing it all at the default 40px.

I’m off to school right now to pick up my daughter (last day of school before summer vacation). I’ll try clearing it again later and then see if there are any conflicts I suppose. I was showing fine before the update though.

Cheers
    -Tina

Tom Lead Developer

Any chance you can disable the caching plugin for now so I can read the code?

Thanks!

Tina

Hi Tom,

It’s something in Autoptimize that’s changing it. Turned it off and the customization showed, turned it back on and the customization went away again. Going to play with the settings until I can find it what part of the Autoptimize setup is doing it.

Cheers
    -Tina

Tom Lead Developer

We have Autoptimize enabled on this site, and our demo.

You can check out the settings we use here: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Tina

Thanks for the link Tom.

I’ll check my settings against yours tonight. Appreciate the link. For now, unchecking the option for Autoptimize to also aggregate CSS in the HTML appears to have fixed the issue for me at the moment.

-Tina

Tom Lead Developer

Strange, we have that option set as well.

Maybe it’s conflicting with WP Super Cache?

Tina

I had the WP Super Cache deactivated when it was still doing it this afternoon. WP Super Cache was the first plugin that I switched off and cleared the cache for (though I didn’t remove the code in the .htaccess file since I wasn’t fully uninstalling). Just switched it back on just now and with that option in Autoptiize still off and it appears to be working fine. It could also be something to do with my plugin firewall. Perhaps it’s not whitelisting a particular function? I use BPS Pro for security. Will continue to investigate and let you know what I find tomorrow.

Tom Lead Developer

The issue is that whatever plugin is mixing up the order of the CSS. The dynamic CSS needs to appear after the style.min.css CSS in order for it to take precedence. Autoptimize itself should keep the order intact.

Tina

I went through what you had set-up for Autoptimize and what I set up. The difference was style.min.css was in the “to be excluded from CSS options”. Removing this from the exclusion list has fixed the issue.

On another note, I’m still not getting your great speed results, but I think that has a lot to do with the shared server I’m on. There are still a few more tweaks that I can try, however, my speed is much better than when I started a few weeks ago. And choosing Generate Press was one of the factors to help improve my website’s speed (which it has done!).

Thanks for your help.

-Tina

Tom Lead Developer

Glad you got it working.

It’s always best to check the waterfall of your results – it will tell you which files are taking the longest to load etc..

Of course, hosting quality plays a big factor as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.