Home Forums Support Floating Nav Menu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian

I would love to have the ability to use a floating menu that would include a smaller version of the logo when someone starts scrolling the page without having to add any code.

If that is something that can be added to the theme or plugins as an option that would be great.

The “back to top” buttons in the bottom corner of websites seems to be a pretty handy feature as well.

Here is an example of both things I was referring to, but with the header image above the menu instead of in it like I would want:
    http://lesliemcnulty.com/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Brian,

I’ve definitely thought about this.

Not sure it would be worth its own add-on, but it may be a snippet of code I can provide when I get a chance to write it up ๐Ÿ™‚

Carlos Paramio

+1

It would be great to have the option for making a sticky menu without creating a child theme, which I guess it’s the way to do it right now.

I agree also with the “back to top” button, especially when you’re in a mobile device.

Brian

I would pay for it as a $5 add-on… but I also bought premium so it wouldn’t effect me if you did make it a separate add-on.

I guess it depends on how many things you want it to do, and how much time is involved for you.

If it would give someone the option having a toggle button for it being disabled on mobile, plus giving you the option of shrinking your logo into the menu automatically, using a different logo as it scrolls, or no logo at all, I think it would do good selling as an add-on.

You could even possibly through the “back to top” button in as an extra feature of the add-on.

That floating menu seems to be pretty popular with the new themes including the twenty fourteen theme from WordPress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree. I have to be careful about creating too many standalone add-ons though as users are installing them all which slows down the “Plugins” page with calls to check for updates. GP Premium is definitely the way users should go if they’re going to be using all of the add-ons.

Something like this is definitely necessary though – people love the floating bar.

As for the back to top, there’s a few plugins out there currently you can Google and install which add this for you.

Thanks for your input guys!

Kle

I am trying to find something like this as well and found this post. I would love it if it came with GPP. If there is any news or code, or something regarding this that I’m missing please let me know as I am looking into implementing something like this on my site along with my primary/main menu. I still cannot find a pluging that I like that does it. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you tried using our Menu Plus module?

Sticky navigation: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sticky-navigation/
    Navigation logo: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-logo/

Kle

I will try it, thank you Tom:)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.