[Resolved] Float Right Inside Navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Float Right Inside Navigation

Home Forums Support Float Right Inside Navigation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Austin

Hello,

I’ve used both the generate_inside_navigation and generate_after_primary_menu hooks to add a feature to the right of a right floating navigation… and it always shows up to the far left (of both site logo and primary menu). The hooked html is wrapped in a div and I’ve added right float css to that div class. I’ve tried a “menu-item-float-right” class I saw referenced in a GP nav bar + icons article. I’ve also tried left floating the primary-menu ID css and via the Navigation Alignment float options. Nothing works.

Any ideas? No caching, on WAMP localhost using private browser settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to the site so i can see the issue.
    I think its just a couple of lines of CSS to re-order those elements.

Austin

Hello,

Pushed to a live server for you. (Temporary link shortening service, wait 5 seconds to continue): https://www.temporary-url.com/90C

Currently using the generate_after_primary_menu hook
    The Div class on the hooked content is “donate-button”.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you trying to add the Donate button on the left of Sample Page?

If so can you try using this method?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-buttons-navigation/

Let me know if I’m missing something ๐Ÿ™‚

Austin

Leo,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I want to add an element to the right of the primary menu.

I realized that custom class could be used with a menu item. However, let’s assume that it was not a button to be added but something else, like php for email optin or a login form. Is there no way to get that to the right using generate_after_primary_menu and not hacking the core files (which would likely lead to responsivity issues)? The HTML renders in the right order here so I would think it’s a CSS problem but I can’t seem to figure it out. I suspect the answer will seem obvious when I do figure it out.

I’ve seen support tickets from the past in which people use generate_after_primary_menu and generate_inside_navigation to get thing to the far right of the nav bar but I don’t seem to be able to replicate that.

Austin

Leo/David/Tom,

I found the solution to my issue:
    The primary menu has an order property of 4, so adding an order property of 5 to the hooked element solves the problem.

element.style {
        order: 5;
    }

Sorry to take up your time with something so silly.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve figured out ๐Ÿ™‚

No problem at all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.