[Support request] "Fit to screen" in retina display, without scroll bar

Home Forums Support [Support request] "Fit to screen" in retina display, without scroll bar

Home Forums Support "Fit to screen" in retina display, without scroll bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Israel

Hi,

GeneratePress Premium works awesome. But I have the following Issue:

We have configure the Height of the section in : “Fit to screen” , in order to see all the page without any scroll bar (there is no overflowing content, of course). All the content is inside one Elementor section.

The page doesn’t fit to screen in a MacBook 13’3 retina (2560×1600). The page ends at the half of the screen (with all browsers), leaving the lower part blank (white). Works fine with the other type of screens, more smaller.

In order to solve this, we have been playing around with the minimal height section, spacers… but whatever the space we put or the minimum we set It always leaves a extra space on the lower part, so we always see the scrolling bar that we don’t want to be showed.

So:
    – if we put it in “fit to screen” mode, is not fitting in retina screen. (my client has it at full resolution)
    – if we try to “jump” the problem and play with minimal height, it always appears a scroll bar.

Is there any way to fit to screen the web in a retina 13’3 MacBook?
    Really lost about this, because it works fine with almost other computers except in the one of my client.

GP Premium 1.6.2
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there, looking at the contact page, the problem is the 100% (100vh) section is not merged with the navigation, so it’s going to spill over the height of the browser.

You can try adjusting the elementor content’s position with negative top margins and z-index to position it under the navigation.

An alternative solution would be to use a GP Page Header on that page, add the full height elementor section as a shortcode to the Page Headers content. Add zero top and bottom padding. And on the advanced tab set it to Merge with site header and place content behind.

Then create a blank page, using the default template, disable the title, footer etc. And assign the page header you created.

Israel

Hi David,

Thanks for the response, I’m working with the 1st alternative that you commented:
    I have set negative top margins, it seems to be the solution but when I’m trying to move the Elementor content under the navigation (by setting the z-index) there is no option to do this with the navigation, I mean, I can do it between Elementor sections but not with the navigation because it does not appear as a selectable section.

Do you have any clue to do this?

Thank you,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the navigation has a default z-index of 100, which should be sufficient, just need to make it relative with some CSS:

#site-navigation {
        position: relative;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.