[Support request] Few minor formatting/design related queries

Home Forums Support [Support request] Few minor formatting/design related queries

Home Forums Support Few minor formatting/design related queries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vijay

Hi, can you please assist with the following queries:
    – There appears to be a shadow underneath the main heading bar at the top of the homepage, can you please explain how i can remove the shadow
    – Also I would like to make the top menu bar itself sticky and remain fixed in place. At the moment when a user scrolls down it disappears and is replaced with a different menu bar that has the logo missing
    – Finally there is a section break line in the home page, above where it says “latest tutorials”. Can you please make this line take up the entire width of the page and be light grey in colour?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. In Customize > Additional CSS, find this CSS and remove it:

.site-header {
        box-shadow: 1px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, .5);
    }

2. To do this, I would set your navigation as your header, and set it to sticky: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/

3. How did you add that line? I can’t find it in the CSS.

vijay

Thanks for your response, please see my reply below:

1 + 2) This removes the line alltogether, essentially what I would like is the header menu when you first load the site to look exactly the way it looks when you scroll down – how would I go about doing this?
    3) you can see the code for the line if you navigate to: Pages > home page > and then scroll down to “Simple CSS”

Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for 1+2 you would do this:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/

3. Change your border-bottom css to:

.section-border-bottom {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.