- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 4 months ago by Tom.
May 4, 2016 at 7:26 pm #191828Mark
I am a first time user to both WordPress and GeneratePress (and never designed a website) and I think I am going OK but having a few issues with a couple of items and hoping someone could help.
Firstly most of the “content” paragraph spacing is looking OK. BUT if you check out the Our Vision page under Who We Are you can see there is list in bullet form. Above this list is a space – I don’t want this space here. I want it to be directly under the text. I just cant seem to find it where this is.
Secondly, there are always 2 columns (or main column and a side menu) on every page. However, is there any way to have the main content column go all the way to the footer in the event there isn’t much content on the page?
Thirdly, I got a few widgets to help customize the side menu, however, you can see that the widget with the image is not spacing it enough and it is overlapping.
Lastly, in the navigation menu I have put a link to a slide out menu. However, this opens from the left. I really want this to open from the right. I cant seem to change this either.
I am not sure if they can be done or not but wanted to seek assistance. I am also having trouble with the main menu image when you look at the site on the phone. There is a lot of black text at the bottom.
May 4, 2016 at 11:27 pm #191857TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Mark.
1. I’m not seeing a list on that page?
2. This might help: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/equal-length-columns/page/2/#post-38550
3. It looks like you’ve set the image to align left? Is that an option in the widget? If you set it to align none or center then it shouldn’t overlap.
4. This topic might help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/reverse-flip-position-of-slideout-menu-right/May 5, 2016 at 12:07 am #191865Mark
1. http://www.momentumplusbodycorp.com.au/what-we-offer/ is the page with the dot points. There are 2 times it does the spaces in this section (under the words “that means” and “key duties”.
2. Will look into.
3. This is now resolved – thank you
4. Perfect but where should the code go? CSS? GP hook?May 5, 2016 at 9:49 am #192000TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. Ah, this is because the text above the lists are wrapped in paragraph tags which have space below them.
You can remove this by going into the “Text” editor, and adding your own paragraph text around “That means:” and “The key duties..”:
<p style="margin-bottom:0;">Text with no space below it</p>
4. Sorry about that – this should help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.