[Support request] Few image questions/issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] Few image questions/issues

Home Forums Support Few image questions/issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam

All my images are uploaded at 1280 × 800.
    With Gutenberg I’ve been inserting them into posts as “large”, which according to WP image dimensions are sized at 1024 x 640.

When I was looking at some posts I did a few weeks ago, they are now labelled “thumbnail” instead of “large” and the size is either saying 1280 x 800 or 1024 x 640.

Any idea what might be causing this? They still seem to look all the same size, even though the say differently.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WP uses srcset to load images – it provides the URL to all the various thumbnail sizes and will select the one most suitable for the size it is being displayed at. So nothing to be concerned about.

Adam

So the images will be the same size no matter what the gutenberg image block is set at?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t explain why it would display the Full image when its set to Large.
    The way the image block should work is if you select a particular size or manually resize the image then that is the maximum size it will be displayed at.

It will still use the closest srcset image to suit the needs – for example the large image may not be required on a smaller screen so it may select the medium srcset if it fills the space provided.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.