[Resolved] Featured products in taxonomy product categories

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured products in taxonomy product categories

Home Forums Support Featured products in taxonomy product categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    José

Hello, I published a category for featured products to organize more profitable products, I inserted a shortcode with elements in the file of the product category and happily shows the products, but at the end of the page the text appears: No products were found that match the selection.
    and the style of the catalog is also lost, the container and spaces are lost.

the attention is appreciated

username: 1vendedor@cechile.com
    password: 123

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I am not sure what the purpose of having this set up as a Category. Why not just use a Static Page and add the shortcode to its content?

I can’t see where you’re linking to that Category or if any products are assigned to it.

José

Hi David, the static page of the featured products works well … The idea is that the administrator edit the products to make them stand out through the edition of woocommerce products, I do not think it is necessary to create the category of featured products. Question: can it be a problem to show products without having created the featured category? or it is better to create the category and show it like all other products.

Thanks for your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

For featured products there is no reason to add the Category. Displaying them on a static page would be the best option.

The alternative, although it requires more work for the administrator is to create a ‘featured’ category or tag. And then leave it to be displayed as a woocommerce archive. It just means that the administrator would have to edit the batch of products to add / remove the category.

Personally i would create a good landing page for the featured products and display them using the Featured Product shortcode.

José

Ok David, I will show the featured products on the static page with short code, it’s simpler.
    Question: I have activated in woocommerce layout: Display product sorting and Display product results count. Can the same elements be displayed on the static page ?. I was looking for shortcode for this but it seems that woocommerce does not work like that.

or it is better to open another topic to ask this.

Thanks David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm…. i don’t think you can apply the product sorting to the Featured Products shortcode. This rather vague document explains what can be done:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-product-search/shortcodes/woocommerce_product_filter_category/

José

OK David, I’m going to read about this to see which option is better.

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.