[Resolved] Featured picture appears above or aside of the title randomly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured picture appears above or aside of the title randomly

Home Forums Support Featured picture appears above or aside of the title randomly

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vranjes

Hi
    I am building a new site with the Generate Press Premium theme and have something I am not able to solve. As I see there is no option to attach screenshots here to show. The featured picture in my product page created by WooCommerce and Content Egg plugins looks in place when I edit and publish the post, this means on the left with respect to the title, as typical for the WooCommerce layout.

But when I check incognito the picture appears sometimes above the title and sometimes aside. Usually, the first check shows it in place, then after refreshing this same in incognito mode, the picture is always above the title. What is happening? This is GP Premium which I ordered recently.

So far, the picture seems always to be in the right place when I check in the normal (non-incognito) browser mode. Cannot check on another computer, this is the Corona virus time.

Please see this url as an example and let me know what you see, it is important that you try a few times, so refresh the page.

Thank you.
    Jovo

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you disable any cache / optimization plugins you’re using.

FYI – To share images – you will need to use an image sharing site like https://prnt.sc or provide is with the URL to an image stored in a shared directory.

Vranjes

I have already emptied cache before contacting you, this is not a plugin, it is on the hosting level. I guess this cannot be an issue because I see different results in just two consecutive clicks.

I gave the url, so could you just click a few times and see yourself?

Not sure how this sharing site works, I have added two screenshots:

This shows the correct version:

https://prnt.sc/rz3so4

And this shows what I get after I reload the page in incognito mode:

https://prnt.sc/rz3q3r

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can see the issue. I can also see a 400 error in the developer tools console, which looks to be related to some badly cached CSS – i am not sure – which is why we need to deactivate the cache to see if that is the cause.

Vranjes

Which tool is this?

As for the cache, I can see with my hosting Support about deactivating the cache.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Visit the page in the browser – Right Click > Inspect – then go to the Console Tab and select the Red error warning.

The other thing to test is to disable all other plugins apart from GP Premium to see if there is a conflict.

Vranjes

When you say right-click, where exactly? I am not able to see that CSS error.

If I disable WooCommerce and ContentEgg, then there will be nothing to show. So not sure how to proceed.

Would install the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin be ok and then to ask you to check?

Vranjes

Hi
    I think cache is now disabled on the hosting level, can you see any difference?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Right Click > Inspect anywhere on the product page.

It’s working correctly now and there is no Error in the console.
    You may want to discuss this with your host as it looks to be how the Cache is combining the CSS is causing the issue.

Vranjes

OK, so it seems your initial assumption was correct. Have to see with my site hosting what next. Many thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

These problem are generally related to either:

a. CSS files being combined in the incorrect order.

OR

b. CSS files being minimized and added inline.

OR Both

Hope that helps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.