[Resolved] Featured immage inside of Post contend

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured immage inside of Post contend

Home Forums Support Featured immage inside of Post contend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hello,
    so far we are really happy with your theme. On our website we use Posts like news, they will always have a featured image with some text.

What we would like to have, when you open a post, is that the featured image is shown inside of the content (left img and text right and below).

Is there a way to make this work?

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Patrick,

The Page Header add-on allows you to show the feature image inside the content area, but above the title. I do plan on adding an option to show it below the title, but that’s not an option yet.

What you can do is hide the featured image on the single page, and then add the image to your content (at the top).

Let me know if that would work for you – I’ll give you the code to hide the featured image πŸ™‚

Patrick

Hi Tom,
    thank you for your quick answer. That would be an easy solution but in archive view I would have both pictures shown, side by side.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, you’re showing full posts on your blog/archive? Not excerpts?

The latest version of the Page Header add-on allows you to move the featured image below the post title in “Appearance > Customize > Page Header”.

Does that achieve what you’re wanting to do?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Patrick

No, we are showing excerpts, I think I got you know. I tried it and now I understand when showing excerpts, pictures inside of the content are not shown. So I just need to hide the featured image in single post view.
    This would be OK for now I think. It is more work to add the same picture two times, especially as the picture inside of the content need to be setup so it is on the left and text goes around it.

Hope you can add this feature sometime in the near future. πŸ˜‰

Would be great if you could help me with the code to hide the featured immage on single post view.
    Oh and a nother short question, where do I add an favicon?

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here you go:

.page-header-image-single {
          display: none;
    }
    Carlos Paramio

Patrick, let me answer your last question

You may try “All in one Favicon” plugin, it’s simple for using even for newbies like me πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Oops – missed that question! πŸ™‚ Thanks, Carlos!

You can also upload your favicon.ico to the root directory of your WP installation (the folder with wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes folders) via FTP or file manager.

Carlos Paramio

So easy? Awesome
    I suppose the favicon must be a .ICO file, right?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe so, if you’re uploading it to the root πŸ™‚

You’ll also have to clear all caches and waiting a little bit for it to show up.

Carlos Paramio

Good to know. Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.