[Resolved] Featured image size in single blog posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured image size in single blog posts

Home Forums Support Featured image size in single blog posts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Regarding individual blog post layout…

I want the featured image in the single blog posts (as a default) to be the same width as the left column below it.

And I want the right column to go to the top so it sits beside the featured image. So it will be two columns all the way down.

Basically, making it look like the top of the blog page where the images are concerned.

I could not see how to do this through the customizer. Maybe I just missed it.

Please direct me how to do it through customizer, or maybe give me some code to put in the “Additional CSS” through customizer.

Thank you,

Bob

Bob

That is for the Dispatch theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

add the PHP snippet provided here to move the Header Element to where you require it:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_hero_location/

Adding PHP:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Bob

Thanks, David!

That code did exactly what I was looking for.

I am not well versed in WordPress or using code to change the appearance of a website. Your clear instructions and that bit of code made it easy for me to get what I was looking for.

One more thing…

Can you help me remove the date that appears within the featured image on a single blog post (between the author and category) in Dispatch?

I have unchecked any appropriate box I can find for “Display post date” (in Customizer) and “Include date” in WP Show Posts (meta section), but the date in the single post won’t go away.

I just want the author and category to show.

Thanks for all your help!

Bob

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Go into the “Single Post” Header Element in “Appearance > Elements” and remove the {{post_date}} tag in the content.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Bob

Perfect!

That fixed it.

Thanks, Tom. Support here is excellent!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help! 🙂

Bob

On April 3, David gave me some code that did exactly what I was looking for regarding a layout issue for my pages and posts.

It seems, however, that it affected my home page as well. That would make sense in hindsight.

I would like to keep what that code does for all of my posts and pages except for the home page. I would like the home page layout to remain as it was as the default for the dispatch theme.

Please tell me how I can do that… just revert that one page (the home page) to the way it was as a default while keeping the changes to the other pages/posts.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this code instead of that provided on April 3rd

add_filter( 'generate_page_hero_location', function( $location ) {
        if ( !is_front_page() ) {
            $location = 'generate_before_content';
        }

return $location;
    } );
    Bob

Perfect!

Just what I was looking for.

Thanks, David! I appreciate your fast response.

Bob

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.