[Resolved] Featured Image Question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured Image Question

Home Forums Support Featured Image Question

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    James

I’m really enjoying GP, and I have my first question: I like the way the featured images appear on the Home/front page, but I would like them to not show on the single post page. Especially if the featured image is a small file, and it gets ‘blown up’ on the single post page: http://www.windowstalk.org/2014/08/pdferaser-giveaway/

Thanks,
    James

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi James,

I’m actually working on this right now 🙂

I’m thinking an option to hide the featured image on single post pages, and removing the function that’s “blowing up” the images.

Think that would be best?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To remove the page header from single posts for now, you can add the following CSS:

.page-header-image-single {
          display: none;
    }
    James

That code worked just fine, Tom. Thanks!
    I had to chuckle: I never thought I would need the WP Editor again after getting all the cool Addons!

I’m thinking an option to hide the featured image on single post pages, and removing the function that’s “blowing up” the images.

Think that would be best?

I think that would work, just a checkbox like you have with the ‘disable elements’ addon?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good idea – didn’t think to use the Disable Elements addon 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, so this is fixed in the next version of Page Header, and there’s an option to disable the page header in the next version of Disable Elements.

Thanks!

James

Wonderful!

Nick

I got exactly the same request. The CSS code works excellent.

GREAT work @Tom, GeneratePress is just awesome (i use forefront childtheme btw.), love it. 🙂

Best wishes from Germany,
    Nick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – hopefully the new version is better for everyone 🙂

Thanks! Glad you’re enjoying it!

Ben Silverman

HI there, I tried this method by editing the CSS in Appearances > Editor > style.css, but i hasn’t seemed to work. Have I done something wrong?

Ben Silverman

Okay, forget that. It works now. Maybe it took some time to activate. Thanks for the help!

James

Ben, instead of editing your style.css file, you will find it best to use the Simple Custom CSS Plugin. http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/
    That way, when the theme is updated, you won’t lose your modifications.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.