[Resolved] featured image not showing up on blog detail page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] featured image not showing up on blog detail page

Home Forums Support featured image not showing up on blog detail page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Han

HI, I use wordpress 4.9.8 and GP premium 1.7.2
    In the settings for a blog I try to make a featured image appear on the single blog page, but I can not get it to show up.

I can make it show up on the blog archive page, but that is turned off.
    For a single blog page it is turned on in the customizer but it is not showing up.

See the url blog post, that is where the featured image should appear.
    The small image on top of the post is placed in the content as a workaround in the content.

Have I run into a bug or am I misunderstanding the Customizer settings somehow?

I set it in the customizer under Layout -> Blog -> Heading Featured Images / Tab Posts
    There I ticked “display featured images”

Can you have a look?

Thanks, Han

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can’t see a featured image on that post. Have you assigned a featured image to the post?

Han

Yes, that is exactly the point. A featured image is assigned but it does not show up.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, looks like you are using the GP 1.6 Page headers, with a Custom Background image (?). The page header removes the featured image.

Are you happy to use GP 1.7 new Elements > Header – which replaces the old Page Header and allows you to set custom / featured images whilst maintaining the featured image in the post:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Let me know 🙂

Han

Yes that’s right, page headers. Strange effect, I never noticed this before. Has it always been like that?
    Or is it because of the new version 1.7 with the old page headers? Can you let me know?
    Thanks, Han

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The old page headers have always removed the featured image by default. But the new Elements version gives the option to keep them.

Han

Ah thanks, I did not know that. Just never bumped into this before. Thanks for you answer.
    Han

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. The new Elements module really adds some cool functionality.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.