[Resolved] Featured image not showing for Blog page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured image not showing for Blog page

Home Forums Support Featured image not showing for Blog page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jdaco

Hello my friends,

I am building a website using the Catalyst template.

The Appearance-Elements-Global Header Background (Featured image) is showing fine for all pages other than the Frontpage, but the Featured image selected for the Blog page is not showing, only the Fallback image is displayed.

Please help!
    JD

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WordPress doesn’t actually allow a featured image to be uploaded for the posts page as it ignores all metabox values on index pages (posts, archive).

To apply a header element to the posts page, create a separate header element and use the custom image option:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/how-to-create-a-page-hero/#step-2-choose-a-background

Then apply to the Blog page under display rules.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

jdaco

Hello, I am still wondering why the Featured image didn´t work, in the meantime I solved my problem by creating a new Header Element just for the Blog page and replaced the Featured image for a Custom image. In the Global Header settings I added a new Exclusion for the Blog.

jdaco

Exactly Leo, Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so WordPress uses Metaboxes for adding additional content to a page – this includes the Featured Image. But this only applies to a standard post type ( Page, Post or Custom Post Type ) where meta data can be stored.

The Blog ( your Posts page ) and other archives e.g categories are not a standard post type, they use a function to generate the output, so metabox content is not read.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.