[Resolved] Featured image not displaying in blog page header

Home Forums Support Featured image not displaying in blog page header

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Caroline

I’ve done a search but I can’t see any other posts featuring exactly the same issue.

I’m having an issue with the featured image not showing on my newly created blog post page header. I’m trying to use the same page header I’ve used successfully on most of my other pages. I set it up by going into ‘Global Locations’, and allocating the page header to “Posts page (blog)”. I’ve then set the featured image on the blog page. However, the image isn’t displaying (the page title isn’t either). Any ideas?

I’ve included the URL for the blog page in the field below. You can see what the header’s supposed to look like by navigating through the website menu and looking at the other pages.

Individual blog post headers are displaying fine.

Thanks for your help!

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Where did you add the featured image of the blog page?

WordPress ignores metabox on index pages (blog and archive) so make sure you create a page header specific for the blog page and upload the image through page header: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-image/

Let me know if this helps.

Caroline

Hi Leo

OK, I had previously set the featured image on the blog posts page, as that’s what i’d done for all the other pages.

I’ve tried your suggestion, however, and it’s still not working. Here’s what I’ve done:

• Created a new page header: “Blog page header”;
    • Set the featured image inside this header to the image I want to use;
    • Gone back to the blog page and removed the featured image;
    • Gone to ‘Global locations’ and set the Posts Page (blog) to “Blog page header”
    • Removed any reference to a page header in the “Page header” box at the bottom of the blog page.

However, it’s still not working – in fact the header has disappeared completely. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    Caroline

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you turn on add background images?

If so can you turn off autopimize and any caching plugin for now?

Let me know.

Caroline

Hi Leo

I figured it out – I hadn’t added any padding so it wasn’t displaying!

Just one other thing though – I seem to be unable to pull in the page title using {{post_title}} in the content area (another reason it wasn’t displaying – as well as having no padding there was no content), so I’ve had to type it in manually. Is this just the way it is?

Thanks again.
    Caroline

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah for the blog page there isn’t a title added by default so you would have to manually added it in.

It should work for static pages though 🙂

Caroline

Yes, it works fine on the other pages. Thank you!
    Caroline

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Anna

Hello, I have the same problem as Caroline, but nothing works for me. I’ve done all steps from post #557306 but all I can see is the title. Can you help me?

site adress: http://annadyl.stronazen.pl/blog/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for the blog page you need to assign a Background Image > Custom Image.

Anna

Yes, I did this and it doesn’t work 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

HI there,

can you clear your browser cache ( or open in an incognito / private browser ) as i can see an image in the Blog header. let me know

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.