[Support request] Featured image looks strange

Home Forums Support [Support request] Featured image looks strange

Home Forums Support Featured image looks strange

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Timo

I have set the featured image on my blog post as before. Its dimensions are 1200×600.

When I look at the posts page on my blog, part of the featured image is cut off (the first post on the list). Other posts look normal, and I have used the same dimension on their featured images.

Why is this happening?

I have already cleared my cache, but the image looks funny. However, when I go inside the post (https://www.freelancewriterwebsite.com/wordpress-static-website/), the image is displayed as it should be.

Ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Featured Images – do you have any sizes set in the Archive > Width and Height ?

Timo

Yes, I have (1200×600).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The new image sizing feature is cropping it to be 600px tall. It seems like you should just be able to remove that 600 value and it will look achieve the desired look.

If you want them to be sized to 1200×600 exactly, I suggest creating the image size, then using it as your Media Attachment Size in the Customizer: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-image-sizes/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Timo

Hi Tom!

Yes, removing the 600 worked for me, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Just wondering…

I have used the same fixed 1200×600 setting in my earlier posts, and they showed the featured image just fine.

What might have been the difference in this particular post, and in it’s featured image?

Cheers,
    Timo

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It likely means our old image resizer wasn’t working on this specific image. If the image size doesn’t exist (old resizer failed), it will use CSS to resize it, which is what you were seeing.

It’s way better to use add_image_size to create your image size and set the Media Attachment Size.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.