[Support request] Featured Image Alignment and Caption Visibility Elementor / GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Support request] Featured Image Alignment and Caption Visibility Elementor / GeneratePress

Home Forums Support Featured Image Alignment and Caption Visibility Elementor / GeneratePress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Hi

I use GeneratePress and Elementor for my WP site. I tried creating a template with all of the elements shown on included URL . Using the template, I couldn’t get the featured image to line up right when I viewed the page. It was too far from the top and I couldn’t eliminate the additional space. The only way the featured image seems to show properly is with the default WP/GeneratePress method of including it on the post.

I also wanted to use a caption with this image. When everything is set on default and I add caption information to the image via media manager, it doesn’t show up beneath the featured image on my post. If I use an Elementor template to add the caption, it will show up as desired. However, the featured image shows too much of a gap from the top.

Any clue how to resolve this? The folks at Elementor indicated that this would be more of a GeneratePress issue.

Thanx,
    Jeff

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you wanting to use the Elementor method? If so can you add the featured image in the Elementor template and i can have a look to see how to resolve the gap.

Jeff

Hi David

Actually, for the featured image, title, and comments portion of the post, I prefer the GeneratePress / WP default way. I like the way those elements display. My main objective is to add the caption.

Thanx,
    JW

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so this GIST should do the trick:

https://gist.github.com/diggeddy/5f7c3a4584a8beb51febc9c4f33d6c5c

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Might need a little CSS to position and style.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.