[Resolved] feature images not resizing in one installation

Home Forums Support feature images not resizing in one installation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jenny

Hi,

I have GP Premium installed locally on DesktopServer and also on Azure. Both sites have essentially the same content, minor differences. The plugin page reports that both have 1.3.1 installed, but I notice that my remote installation has a Customize category called Related Posts (below Additional CSS) that my local installation does not have. Why is that? But related to this question, feature post images do resize using Customize > Blog > Feature Images on my local site, but they will not resize using Customize on my remote site. I also notice in the console that the remote tag has a scale=”0″ whereas the local tag does not. Am I missing some other setting remotely? I have looked at all settings in the theme blog page and post page as well as other Gp?WP settings and they appear to be the same remotely and locally.

GP Premium 1.3.1
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Same plugins on both sites?

Can you link me to the page where the resizing options aren’t working?

Jenny

Yes, here is the link to the blog of the site I am developing. For both my local development and the remote site on Azure, I only yesterday exported blog posts from our current site on Squarespace and imported the content into both Sustrana sites (local and remote). I misspoke in initial support request — the remote site has Yoast SEO, while my local site does not. Still, I can resize blog post feature image locally, but the image does not respond to this Customize resize on remote site.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you possibly show me a screen of your “Customize > Blog > Featured Images” page?

Jenny

Customize not resizing feature image

Is this what you are asking for? I see the image shows that some change has not been saved yet, but I have saved numerous times, I must not have saved the latest attempt to resize.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm that’s very strange – can you email me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Jenny

Thank you! I submitted the login info via Account issue form as that appeared to be the only way to send a message. Hope that is ok.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, your image URL is missing the actual URL part and linking to the relative directory.

WP doesn’t do this by default, and I wonder if that’s tripping up the resizer.

Can you try deactivating all plugins except GP Premium just to test?

If that doesn’t work, are you using any services that connect to your site like Cloudflare?

Jenny

Oh, I see the problem now. When I FTP into site, the image is there, but for whatever reason, when I upload an image, only the file location is added to the URL, but that is not preceded by the url (http://www9.sustrana.com). This issue continues even when I deactivate all other plugins as you suggested.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That might be a server setting then, as the full URL should appear using core WordPress.

Either a server setting, or some sort of service like Cloudflare.

Jenny

It turned out to be that in the wp-config that Azure provided for WP installation there is a section:

//Relative URLs for swapping across app service deployment slots
    define(‘WP_CONTENT_URL’, ‘/wp-content’);

that was the relative url, so I changed this setting to the absolute url and that restored the ability to resize a post feature image.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you found the solution! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.