[Resolved] Favicon for media files

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Favicon for media files

Home Forums Support Favicon for media files

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Is it possible to have the favicon show on media files opened from the site, similar to https://docs.generatepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/hooks-postspage.png? In both Chrome and Opera, for my site in general, the favicon is working fine; but for media files, a generic icon shows instead. Based on things I’ve read, I tried removing the site icon in the customizer and loading it to the site’s root folder, but that didn’t help.

GP is awesome, and I love all the online support! My apologies if I’ve overlooked an existing solution to this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

Can you double check the URL field?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Jeff

The info I sent in the URL field included the home page (where the favicon works correctly) and an image URL (where the favicon does not work correctly). The site is in development and so is password protected; so I included login info, too. If that does not clear things up, please let me know how to securely re-send that information.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see a bunch of random letters which makes it very hard to read.

Can you edit that field so it only includes the URL of the page in question, then send in the login info using Account Issue here:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please include the following information:
    – The URL of this topic.
    – Username and password.

Jeff

Done. Sorry for all the %20’s. : )

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I’m still confused what the question is.

When I use the link and the info you provided, all I see is a logo image?

Can you explain a bit more?

Jeff

In the browser’s tabs, look at the favicon for that link, then the favicon for the site’s home page. I’d like site’s favicon to show everywhere, including on media pages, like it does on the homepage.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We add the favicon.ico file to the root directory of our website via FTP/File Manager. This makes it so the favicon works regardless of the page we’re viewing.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Jeff

Thanks for the response. Is it as simple as putting the favicon.ico file in the root directory and removing the site icon in the customizer? That’s what I already tried, but it didn’t work. Wondering whether there’s more to it or if I just did it incorrectly.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Simple as that. You may need to clear your browser cache/check in incognito mode.

Jeff

Thanks! I thought I cleared all caches, etc., but apparently not. I’ll try again and let you know if I figure out where I went wrong.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Jeff

Turns out this was indeed user error. Long story short, I made a mistake in FTP. Everything is working as intended now.

Thanks so much for your patience and help. As I mentioned up front, I love GP, and I’ve always appreciated all the support documents on your site. Now I can add to that gratitude for being supported directly!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad it’s working now πŸ™‚

Thank you!

Taaj

Hey Tom,
    I do need more info. How do I add the favicon.ico file to the root directory of my website. The favicon file I added via the customizer was a .png file not a .ico.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.