Home Forums Support Favicon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

After reviewing the Gtmetrix waterfall I noticed that my favicon has two requests; is it an error on my end (did I set something up wrong and should it be one?) and if so how do I remove one of the requests? I tried several times to remove and upload but the same thing keeps happening.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It should only be happening once, as the browser itself makes the request for the favicon.

Do you have it set through “Customize > Site Identity”? If so, maybe it would be worth removing that and adding your favicon.ico file in the root directory of your website?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kevin

I do have it set up there; as for adding it the root directory…I have no idea how to do that. Is it something the average person can learn and do or should I leave it up to the next time hire a developer to work on the site? Maybe my hosting provider will?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have a favicon.ico file?

If so, you should find a “File Manager” option inside your hosting account. You can open that and navigate to the folder that has the main WP folders: wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes

That’s where you would upload the favicon.ico file.

It may be something your host can do for you, depending on their level of support.

Kevin

Ok great; thanks for the help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Kevin

Hi Tom-

I uploaded the favicon.ico file to the root directory but the favicon is not appearing in the tabs. Other than placing the favicon image in the same folder as wp-content, includes-admin is there something more i need to do? I don’t want to have to use the customizer option since that causes two requests (instead of one). Here is the website: https://www.koloans.com

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin

Never mind; it’s working now…just took some time to kick in.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.