[Resolved] Fatal error: Unknown: Can't use output buffering in output buffering display

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Fatal error: Unknown: Can't use output buffering in output buffering display

Home Forums Support Fatal error: Unknown: Can't use output buffering in output buffering display

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kay

Hi!

The full error message is: “Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0”.

It happens every time I try to customise the appearance of my site via the WP dashboard. My host says it’s a WP matter but I don’t know what to do. I haven’t added any new plugins for a while.

Any help would be much appreciated – I’ve spent hours trying to sort this out.

Thank you!
    KJ

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try #1 here first to eliminate any plugin conflicts?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kay

Thanks for your quick reply Leo.

I have found 5 plugins (Heroic Favicon, Elementor, Contact Form 7, Askimet Anti-Spam and Add to Any (the last triggers a “500:Internal Error” message) that set off the fatal error message. Very strange.

Not sure how to debug the problem – I checked the link you kindly sent but am not sure how to turn on the WP Debug?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

All of 5 of them do cause an error?

Elementor, Contact Form 7 and Askimet Anti-Spam should be no problem.

Can you activate each of them individually and isolate the problem?

Kay

Thanks for your reply Leo. Yes, those 5 cause the error. I will try your suggestion. Could it also be a memory thing too? I also got a Hostgator 500: Internal Error message. Should I increase the memory on my Hostgator cPanel? This is SO frustrating as I never had a problem before.

Kay

I just deactivated my GP Premium plugin, just to see. The error messages disappear. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Kay

Oh, I spoke too soon. Went back into Customise Appearance (with the GP Premium plugin still deactivated) and the error is back!

Kay

Me again πŸ™‚ Think I have sorted out the problem – I went to my cPanel and upgraded the PHP version. Seems to be working OK now, so maybe it was just a memory issue. Fingers crossed it stays OK.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.