[Resolved] Fastest GP-Premium-Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Fastest GP-Premium-Theme

Home Forums Support Fastest GP-Premium-Theme

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Günter

Hi,
    just bought GP-Premium, I just need a simple static homepage and want to
    use the functions of GP-Premium to make my own design.
    What is the fastest minimal gp theme that I can use? Without anything
    unneeded.

Greetings
    Günter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you mean the Sites in our Site Library then any of the No Pagebuilder sites will be the fastest. But you don’t have to install any of the Sites to use the Theme. Let me know.

Günter

Hi,
    thanks for the fast answer – maybe I didn’t understand how WP works.
    When I started the fresh wordpress installation, I installed the GeneratePress Version: 2.2.2 theme and after that the gp – premium plugin.
    Everything works and I can start customizing/building my homepage.

When I now install/use one of the GeneratePress Site Library – no pagebuilder sites (like “Article”), will my homepage be faster than with the already installed standard theme?

As I understand, everytime new css code is build when I change the complete look of every part of the predefined theme.

There is really nothing predifined (colors, fonts, design) I will use.

So the predefined css code will just be useless for me.

Is there something like an minimal empty theme/site for gp? (Like the elementor hello theme 42kb)

If not, which one is the smallest?

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings
    Günter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Free GeneratePress Theme is under 30kb in size.

The Site Library Sites are just pre-built sites, they import customizer settings, they add content ( menus, widgets, GP Elements, Demo pages ) and will add CSS to the Customizer > Additional CSS. Think of them as you making a duplicate of an existing site and importing that to a new domain.

So for your needs I would not import a Site. Just use the free theme, select the GP Premium modules that you need and build from there.

Günter

Thank you for the clear answer !!

Greetings
    Günter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Barry

Hi,

Just a followup question, if I may. Using the site libray presumbly will slow down the whole site – as opposed to building the site using modules, is that right?
    But the templates in the site libray that do not use a page builder do not slow down the site much – or as much as the page builder one. Is that right?
    I see Ehtos template has text on it “Ethos is lightweight” – so it is any more lightweight than other no pagebuilder templates?

Thanks!
    Barry

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. there would be no difference to importing a site or creating that exact site yourself. The site library is just a pre-built website that is being imported into your site. So if all the layout, content and plugins you used to build a site were the same as the Site Library the ‘weight’ of the site would be the same,

2. Page Builder sites are heavier and will slow the site down more then the General Sites.

3. Ethos – like most of the General sites built with GenerateBlocks will all be lightweight.

Barry

Hi David,

Great thanks for the prompt repsonse!
    I have the site content built already (switching themes) can I use a site library and not import the demo content – I tried with Vinyasa but I get a 400 bad request?

Thanks
    barry

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic the 400 bad request question?

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.