[Resolved] Facebook "Like" and "share" buttons

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Facebook "Like" and "share" buttons

Home Forums Support Facebook "Like" and "share" buttons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ram

Hi, I tried to include facebook “like” and “share” buttons on my blog posts using the hook “before_header”. But it’s not working.

As per Facebook instructions, the code within the <scrpt>..</script> tags had to be pasted on every page, just after the <body> tag.

I checked the page source code in the browser (for the posts), and I found that the required code (added through hook) is present in the body tag of html. but still the buttons are not appearing on the page.

there is no problem with the facebook code. I tried that on another theme and it’s working fine with that theme.

Please help.

Ram

just to add further… there is no problem with the facebook code. I tried that on another theme and it’s working fine with that theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The URL provided doesn’t like to a site built with GP?

Ram

I had restored my previous version for a short while to check something, which is not using GP. My bad luck that you visited during this period. Please check now.

https://krishva.com

Thanks for your effort.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

so the script is in place but where are you outputing the HTML for the button?
    See here:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button

Ram

Thanks for all your help. this is resolved. I added another hook with the following code and it worked.
    <div
    class=”fb-like”
    data-share=”true”
    data-width=”300″
    data-show-faces=”true”>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad i could be of help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.