Expand subnav menu when pressing main nav menu

Home Forums Support Expand subnav menu when pressing main nav menu

Home Forums Support Expand subnav menu when pressing main nav menu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Fernando Díaz Gascón

Hello,

When I hover the main navigation menu, the sub-navigation appear. In mobile case, hover has no sense, so I have to press the symbol that appear at the right to display submenus (lets call this symbol “arrow”).
    Due my main menu elements that have submenus are not linking to any page, I put ‘#’ as link. But in mobile case, when you press on them, nothing happens and it looks like an error.
    What I would like is that when you press in the main menu elements with submenu, the submenu displays. In other words, that the main menu element works as the arrow. Do you know some way to do this?

Thanks a lot.

Franz

We are also in urgent need of this feature. On mobiles the submenue should be opened not just by pressing the small arrow but also when pressing somewhere in the same line. I suppose the majority of users think the submenue is not working and have problems with the navigation. This is a absolutely no-go.

Please fix it. Thx a lot!

P.S. We already tested your plugin “Generate Legacy Mobile Menu” however it’s not working with WP 4.4.2. (no function at all).

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Franz.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just built this into the next version.

Basically, it will check to see if the URL is # or empty, and it will display the sub menu on click.

You can give it a try now by adding this into GP Hooks in the “wp_footer” hook:

<script>
        jQuery( document ).ready( function( $ ) {
            $( document ).on( 'click', '.main-nav .menu-item-has-children > a', function( e ) {
                // Get the clicked element
                var _this = $( this );
                var mobile = $( '.menu-toggle' );
                var slideout = $( '.slideout-navigation' );
                var url = _this.attr( 'href' );
                if ( '#' == url || '' == url ) {
                    if ( mobile.is( ':visible' ) || 'visible' == slideout.css( 'visibility' ) ) {
                        e.preventDefault();
                        _this.closest( 'li' ).toggleClass( 'sfHover' );
                        _this.next( '.children, .sub-menu' ).toggleClass( 'toggled-on' );
                        _this.attr( 'aria-expanded', $( this ).attr( 'aria-expanded' ) === 'false' ? 'true' : 'false' );
                        return false;
                    }
                }
            });
        });
    </script>
    Franz

Hi Tom,

great it works! Just perfect…

Thx for your kind support

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perfect – you’ll be able to remove that code when you update to 1.3.28 🙂

Fernando Díaz Gascón

Hello,

I did not take time to test it. I tested and it does not work, I dont know if I am making something wrong.

I put the code in wp_footer (I tried checking and not checking “execute PHP”). I am testing in maipacific.com.mialias.net . The navigation link is called “Conoce” and it has got a # in the url. I tried also removing the # and it does not work.

To access to the web:
    user: maipac482
    pass: 34OnUnwQ

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, it won’t work in the slideout menu until I release this upcoming version of GP Premium.

Should be very soon now 🙂

Fernando Díaz Gascón

Hello,

I installed the new 1.3.28 GP version and I tested it with no good result. I tried in the mobile and . I have # in the main menu link. I have installed it in http://congruentia.es.mialias.net/

Also, I have seen that the slideout menu appeareance looks ugly (the icon to press to appear the submenu is glued to the right). Can be due to the version change?

Thanks in advance

To enter in the web:
    user: congru203
    pass: hq9tTxoW

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The next version of GP Premium has this functionality in it for the slideout menu.

It also fixes the arrow issue.

Working on this update really hard all day today hoping to get it out tomorrow 🙂

Emily

Just ran into the same issue, have you had any luck getting the sub-menu in mobile to drop down by clicking the parent item?

Latest updates, and script didn’t work for me. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the URL of the parent item is #, then clicking the entire item will open the sub menu.

itcwiz

Hi Tom

I have this situation now in GP 2.0.2, I have parent item is #, but when clicking the entire item will NOT open the sub menu. Only if I click the small arrow in the right. Can you tell me what I should do? Is it a special configuration?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link us to your site?

itcwiz

petra.it-couture.ch

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your menu items don’t have # as the URL – the URLs are just empty. Can you try adding a #?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.