[Resolved] exclusion rules, attachment template

Home Forums Support exclusion rules, attachment template

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Hello! The media attachment page is working well (with your excellent support), but now all search results, found and nothing-found, display the secondary menu along with the regular menu, and I cannot seem to make that extra menu go away. I have an element, called “attachment,” and I have set up the display rules as “media” and “all media,” and exclusion: “404 pages” and “search results,” and cleared the browser cache, but the secondary menu still appears. Advise?

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How are you adding a secondary navigation? In an Element? If so, simply setting the display rules to Media – All Media should be enough for it to only display there.

Let me know 🙂

Robin

yes, via an element, and yes, I set the display rules to Media – All Media, but was getting that double menu. I tried excluding Search results, that didn’t work. So I set up a new element specifically excluding secondary navigation, All archives, 404 template, Search results. That worked, and didn’t (YET!) create a new problem.

how am I misunderstanding how to use elements, if the above display media/medi all, exclude search results, etc. didn’t do the trick?

Robin

Would you like to take a look at the elements I have set up, and let me know? If so, I can set up a temporary user for the wordpress dashboard.

Thank you for your assistance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

from the other topic – you used a layout element to disable the nav?.
    If so you should only need a Single Layout Element set to Disable Secondary Nav and then your display rules should be:

Exclude: Media

This should remove it from every apart from Media.

Robin

Currently using three elements:

“gallery pages”
    basic layout for all pages, no sidebars, disables content title
    display rules: Pages – All pages, no exclusions (there are no posts on this website)

“remove-double-menu”
    no sidebars
    disables secondary navigation
    display rules: All Archives, 404 Template, Search Results, no exclusions

“attachment page”
    no sidebars
    disables primary navigation
    display rules: Media – All Media

I get the idea I am overdoing it, but don’t want to break what’s working at the moment until I understand better what I need to do.

So: do please advise.

THANK YOU!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If the secondary nav is only to be displayed on the Media attachment pages then just create a new layout element:
    Disable Secondary Nav
    Exclusions: Media

Robin

Thank you. Removed the “remove-double-menu” element, added “disable secondary navigation” and changed display rules of the “gallery pages” element to entire site with Media – All media as the exclusion.

Working fine, and I have gained a better grasp of how elements work.

Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.